February 25, 2010

House pictures!!!

Okay don't get too excited.  I'm only posting pictures of the two rooms that are done.  Pathetic huh?  A 2500 square foot, 3 bedroom 2 bath house (plus a den, living room, kitchen, mud room and formal dining room) and I only have two rooms complete.

Part of that I'm going to need your help on.  Because Jay and I are picture whores though, I'm saving the "help me!" post until next week.

Without further ado - I give you BJay's farmhouse (that's our super couple name just in case you didn't know)...

The guest room:


The quilt is one that Jay's grandmother made for him before she die over a decade ago.  The bedroom suit was given to me by my grandmother, when I moved from my crib into a big girl bed.  I love that these heirlooms work perfectly in the house!



The sewing table was purchased at Salvation Army for $20.  It had a ton of paint on it, as well as a couple of piece of chewing gum.  Originally I had just requested the gum to be scraped off but then Jay took it on as his new woodshop project.  And subsequently injured himself (if you're not familiar with the story read about it here and here).  He finally finished it just before Christmas last year and it turned out beautifully.



The chair is one that was refinished by my grandfather and he reweaved the seat of the chair.

Now on to the living room...

These pictures are walking corner to corner so you can get an idea of the flow of the room.



The secretary was also a gift from Jay's grandmother.  We purchased the couch at a yard sale for $160 and the pillows were an apartment warming gift from my sister way back in the day when I first moved out on my own.  Who would have thought they would have travel with me through 3 moves.



I can't remember where the coffee table came from (other than from the bowel's of Jay's parents basement - I swear its got more stock than Wal-Mart) but it opens to create a really cool hiding space for blankets.

For the longest time (when it was at Jay's apartment) I thought his plant was real.   I was amazed at how healthy he kept it looking (while the rest of the place was utter chaos).  Turns out its fake.  And I'm an idiot.




There you have it.  The grand tour of the only two rooms in my house that are complete.  Tune in next week for "How the beep is Brooke going to liven up these dead spaces."

20 comments:

  1. I think it is wonderful and a great start!! Your house has so much character and the baseboards are to die for!! I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see pictures! It looks awesome so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good. I love that your furniture has such history and meaning. The baseboards look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for pictures!!! You just moved, what? like a week ago? Um, I think you are doing very well! I can't wait to see the rest of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. its gorgeous! you are moving along fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY PICTURES!!!!!!!!! gorgeous gorgeous & I love all of the character you are putting into each room w/the history of the pieces!! dreamy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the history and old pieces of furniture! I might need to come visit the farmhouse one day. Look out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the baseboards and woodwork in the home. Im a farmhouse girl myself. And love the quilt and antique furniture. Looking good! Waiting on kitchen reveal (of course, my fav room in the house lol)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the older furniture--although I love my new stuff, I REALLY love my older stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the wallpaper!!!!! Looking good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are great rooms. It takes us forever to do anything in our house too. Don't feel like you are the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it. Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two rooms done in a week?? that's awesome! they're awesome!!!! can't wait for more!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love what you've done with the 2 rooms you've completed. They're fantabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks great! I love the whole look and can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! It looks so great! The guest room is perfect ~ I can't believe how well the bedroom suit & sewing table go together! & I love that so many items have sentimental value!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! It's beautiful!!! I can't wait to see more. Hope you and Jay have some wonderful times in your new house!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it!!!! I'm taking notice of every little detail in houses lately since we've decided not to bother moving and just stay in our house while remodeling it to our liking.

    I'm in love with your baseboards!! And I love the chair rail in your living room! The colors all work well together!

    It's so nice that you have such special heirlooms!!

    You'll be happy that you purchased such a large home! Our home is a little over 2000 square feet so with the 6 of us, it feels very crowded. I wish so much that we had thought about that before we purchased this house, right after we were married, before kids.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brooke...we've been in this house for 18 months and there are rooms that still aren't done. I think you are doing awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the history with your older pieces. They are beautiful and mean so much more than something you could have spent a fortune on at a furniture store. The house is beautiful and I can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete

what up yo?