December 21, 2009

Fall Into Reading Wrap up!!



Its accountabililty time over at Callapidder Days.  How well did I fall into reading?

My list was originally as follows:

1) Green by Ted Dekker
2) Last Orders by Graham Swift
3) Playing with the Enemy by Gary W. Moore
4) Carved in Bone by Jefferson Bass
5) Skinny Dip by Carl Haasen
6) All He Ever Wanted by Anita Shrieve
7) Plum Luck (a Stephanie Plum novel) by Janet Evanovich
8) Mere Christianity by CS Lewis
9) Someone to Watch Over Me by Judith McNaught
10) House by Frank Peretti & Ted Dekker

Did you finish reading all the books on your fall reading list? If not, why not?

Not sure if it was the busy Christmas plans, the potential move, or just a laziness, but I still have about 5 books on my list.  I've got to get busy if I want to get my 52 books in for the year!!

Did you stick to your original goals or did you change your list as you went along?

I changed up my goals a little due to vacation.  Most of the books on my list were more serious, so I replaced a few with more light hearted books.  Also, for the sake of saving luggage space, I packed several two in one books.
What was your favorite book that you read this fall? Least favorite? Why?

I sailed right through Green, but struggled with Last Orders.  I liked the format of Last Orders, but had trouble getting into it.  It was a chore to finish

Did you discover a new author or genre this Fall? Did you love them? Not love them?

I wasn't very adventurous, and stuck with my typical authors/genres, although I'm looking forward to reading the non-fiction The Karma of Jesus that I won in a Fall into Reading giveaway.

Did you learn something new because of Fall Into Reading 2009 – something about reading, about yourself, or about a topic you read about?

As badly as I want to enjoy reading modern literature, I'm a chick-lit fan all the way!

What was your favorite thing about the challenge?

The extra push to finish my list.  Accountability is a wonderful thing!!

1 comment:

  1. You read a lot of books! My daughter just finished Green and really liked it. I think I may try it now too.

    I love to read, but don't read as much Christian fiction as I should. I've been on an Elizabeth Berg marathon but need to branch out now!

    ReplyDelete

what up yo?