I'm getting a late start on this, but I thought one great way of reaching my 2009 reading goal (52 books for the year) would be to make a list of the last 12 books I need to read before reaching my goal.
Assuming I'll do two more blog reviews (after I finish green) here is a list of the 10 books I want to read this fall:
1) Green by Ted Dekker
2) Last Orders by Graham Swift
3) Playing with the Enemy by Gary W. Moore
4) Carved in Bone by Jefferson Bass
5) Skinny Dip by Carl Haasen
6) All He Ever Wanted by Anita Shrieve
7) Plum Luck (a Stephanie Plum novel) by Janet Evanovich
8) Mere Christianity by CS Lewis
9) Someone to Watch Over Me by Judith McNaught
10) House by Frank Peretti & Ted Dekker
I've got a good mix in here - a couple of Christian fiction books, several humorous suspense novels, an author I read in college and actually wanted to read more on my own, and then Mere Christianity. A short book, but very heavy in material. I started it a few months ago and never finished it; at this point I'm just going to start over.
What do you think of the list? Have you read any of the books (I know Lois has Green)? Do you like the authors?