October 06, 2009

Fall Into Reading



I'm getting a late start on this, but I thought one great way of reaching my 2009 reading goal (52 books for the year) would be to make a list of the last 12 books I need to read before reaching my goal.

Assuming I'll do two more blog reviews (after I finish green) here is a list of the 10 books I want to read this fall:

1) Green by Ted Dekker
2) Last Orders by Graham Swift
3) Playing with the Enemy by Gary W. Moore
4) Carved in Bone by Jefferson Bass
5) Skinny Dip by Carl Haasen
6) All He Ever Wanted by Anita Shrieve
7) Plum Luck (a Stephanie Plum novel) by Janet Evanovich
8) Mere Christianity by CS Lewis
9) Someone to Watch Over Me by Judith McNaught
10) House by Frank Peretti & Ted Dekker

I've got a good mix in here - a couple of Christian fiction books, several humorous suspense novels, an author I read in college and actually wanted to read more on my own, and then Mere Christianity. A short book, but very heavy in material. I started it a few months ago and never finished it; at this point I'm just going to start over.

What do you think of the list? Have you read any of the books (I know Lois has Green)? Do you like the authors?

8 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these, but I love Decker and Perretti. Good luck with that reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Mere Christianity and have been trying to get in the right mindset to read it. CS Lewis is a heavy writer. Maybe we can read it at the same talk and help each other through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mere Christianity is it for me from that list. My copy has notes all in the margins =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read a book in ages...glad you have a plan to finish your list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome list...I may have to check some of them out!

    I have The Search for God and Guiness on my ottoman to start asap. It's my next one to review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That seems like a great list! I usually enjoy books by Anita Shreve but for some reason I had a hard time getting into that particular one. Not sure why...maybe it's because I kept getting interrupted by the kids and finally just gave up on it!! I'm a huge Harlan Coben fan...LOVE his books. If you're looking for a mysterious page turner, definitely read his books sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've tried reading Mere Christianity too. Lewis is a master, but that one is quite heavy. I had better luck with The Screwtape Letters.

    So awesome that you get to read so many books! I'm lucky if I get one read per month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have only read "Someone To Watch Over Me". I like to read a good variety too.

    52 books for the year is a big goal - Wow! I am a bookworm but I know I cannot read that many - Good luck - it will be fun!

    ReplyDelete

what up yo?