April 27, 2011

Oops

I did so well last challenge with stick with my goals, I decided to stop tracking them.  Surely they had become habit and I would keep them up right?

Wrong.

I even started slacking on my Bible reading.  I decided to reinstate the weekly goal checklist because I want to stay on top of these.  I don't know that I ever hit any of the goals all 7 days, so I need to focus on doing just that.  Also, I'm going to rotate goals off and replace them with something new as I succeed in doing the goal for 7 straight days.

It'll probably take a few weeks, but when the time comes I'll need some ideas from yall as to what I new goals I should set for myself.

So far I've done well with not weighing, its been 2 weeks since I've stepped onto the scale.

That's something I suppose.  With all the wallowing in self pity I've been doing here lately I'm sure the scale would have provided excellent fodder.

Also?  Its allergy season here in the allergy capital of the world. Thankfully my allergy shots and OTC pills help me ward off a stuffy nose and sneezing.  I do, however, suffer from anxiety during allergy season.  My allergist insists that its not possible and the two aren't connected.  Anxiety comes in the spring and leaves in the summer, not sure how that can't be connected.  But other than deal with it what's left for me to do?

Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans

So far my workouts this week have felt really good.  I got up early (not on purpose I promise!) to get my run in Monday morning as well as restarting the 100 push ups challenge.  I did week 5 column 2, but wasn't able to complete my last set - I'm dropping to column 1 today for day 2. 

Yesterday I switched back to high weight/low rep in the weight room on my own, choosing not to go to the total body class (high rep) that the gym holds every Tuesday/Thursday.  I even took on the squat rack and my quads are feeling it this morning!

I hope to check in next week with at least one 7/7 goal met.  How'd you do this past week?

6 comments:

  1. i need to start up that push up challenge again. hoping to meet my eating goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you feeling more in control of things...start tracking those goals and you will accomplsh them. I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also thought I was doing well enough that I would be able to keep it going. I wasn't recording things, never had the time to start.
    Love your ideas and am looking forward to see how it works for you.

    I would love for you to come and check out my May Shaping Up Weight Loss Challenge
    http://itsgonnaturnaround.blogspot.com/2011/04/shaping-up-weight-loss-challenge.html
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on not weighing in 2 weeks! I am getting rid of the scale, too, or at least not using it as often as I used to (which, for the record, is nowhere near as often as when I wasn't healthy). I recently realized that it was something I was still holding on to, and my friend said I need to let it go...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm trying weighing once a week on wiifit just to keep an idea of what direction i'm going in. so far i'm successful at doing that...

    ReplyDelete

what up yo?