February 09, 2009

Menu Plan Monday: Growing Family Edition



This weekend we welcomed a new member to the family – Inez the donkey! My Papaw got her because he lost a calf last month due to a coyote. Donkeys are great at protecting cattle. Inez is a sweetheart (and a good judge of character - she likes me best!) I hope to post pictures tomorrow.

On to the menu for the week:

Monday: Leftovers
I have leftovers from TI Friday’s lunch yesterday (sizzling chicken and cheese) and will feed mr. right leftovers of chicken spaghetti from the end of last week. I’ll probably need to open a can of green beans and make some bread to finish out the meal.

Tuesday: Leftover tacos
We went to a friend’s house for dinner this weekend and they sent us home with hard taco shells and taco seasoned ground beef. I’m going to heat them along with a can of refried beans and call it a meal.

Wednesday: BBQ Pork chops & au gratin potatoes
This will be my first time marinating anything, but my mom swears that its easy.

Thursday: Black Bean Soup
http://hillbillyhousewife.com/blackbeansoup.htm
This was on the menu for last week, but I ended up going to the dentist with mr. right and didn’t want to have to wait for it to cook. We had ramen noodles instead.

Friday: Pizza
I’m helping to set up for a charity event on Saturday. They’ll provide us with pizza for helping Friday night with the set up. If mr. right doesn’t get an opportunity to swing by and help, I suppose he’ll have taco bell on the way home for dinner.

10 comments:

  1. I love donkeys and plan on having one when we move. I can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love BBQ with potatoes. That is my favorite meal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to try the bean soup!
    I have a giveaway going until tomorrow AM, stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you are organized...I think I might have to try the soup...looks great!!!
    thanks for stopping by my blog!

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't even motivate myself to plan a menu this week so you're still wayyyyy ahead of me!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love ramen noodles for a quick, lazy dinner. Sometimes that's all my toddler will eat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for stopping by and welcoming me to MPM! I appreciate it :) I'm so excited to be a part!

    I agree, that cake looks sweet, doesn't it!!?

    BBQ, yum! I didn't plan any of that this week, darn :( Must do that next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh! A friend had a Mini Donkey and it was so precious!
    - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Black Bean Soup!! I make these awesome rolls to go with it when I make BB soup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marinating is SO easy. The BBQ Pork Chops sound good also!

    ReplyDelete

what up yo?