March 22, 2011

What's your story?

I've been doing a lot of deep reading here lately.  On the surface the books look harmless enough.  They aren't 1,000 pages long nor are they filled with heavy words or a vocabulary that requires me to have a dictionary every step of the way.

Yet they have both stimulated my mind.  To pull myself out of the ordinary and into the world of greatness.

Step one - Don't feed the black dog. (depression)

Step two - Consider each choice in light of eternity.

Step three - Begin living a story so great your heart smiles just thinking about it.

Last week I finished reading my preview copy of Andy Andrews'  The Final Summit: A Quest to Find the One Principle That Will Save Humanity(official review to follow in a few weeks).  This week I've been working on Donald Miller's A Million Miles in a Thousand Years.

Why do I do what I do?

What difference am I making in this world?

I'm starting to get excited about sharing my stories from Hawaii because what good is living fun stories if you can't share them.

I'm also excited about planning out my stories for the next few years. 

If you'll excuse me, I'm off to change the world.

What I love about real life is that stories can be as simple as hugging your niece tightly because she's too young to understand her feelings and just needs to feel loved.  But they can also as complicated as spending 14 hours in the car to help your sister fix a mistake.


What's your story?  What kind of legacy are you leaving for your children and for generations to come?  I'd love to hear about them!

Also? Please continue to remember my brother-in-law, sister, and the rest of the family in prayer as they say their final goodbye's to his father. 

7 comments:

  1. Continued thoughts and prayers going their way. Such a difficult time. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that my legacy is one of faith, love, kindness, generosity & freedom in Christ. I'll be praying for your brother-in-law and family during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the simple and the complex stories...part of this blessed life. And I love that most of mine involve family.

    Prayers for your brother-in-law and family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want my legacy to be one where my kiddos can say, "She listened to God. She asked Him for wisdom. And then she did what He said...no matter what that might be."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great thoughts on legacy. I know you will have a great one!
    Praying for your brother-in-law and family.

    ReplyDelete

what up yo?