July 15, 2008

Wedding - 3 months, 3 weeks, and 3 days away!

This weekend is actually a pretty full week in regards to my wedding planning. I'm finishing up the last of my florist visits. Right now I'm looking at $180 in real flowers and already have about $40 in artificial ones (a friend of mine is going to help me make the guys' flowers and mother's corsages myself). I doubt anyone can beat that price, but I'm going to double check to be sure.

Today I'm going to get a dress altered that I'll be wearing to a bridal shower. Its a very simple, but elegant straight dress. And since I'm curvy on bottom that type dress is difficult to fit on me. I found this on sale for $10, so I figured it was worth the price of the alterations. I love straight dresses so I'll feel like a million bucks wearing it. I just have to get it taken in right under the armpits. (I like to look classy - I never said I was classy). I'm using a seamstress recommended by a friend, but my one mistake was not asking her how much she charges. I just assumed that my friend wouldn't recommend her if she were too pricy.

Yesterday Mr. Right and I had our first premarital counseling session as required by my pastor who will be marrying us. We both really like him a lot, so while it was a time of serious discussion, we enjoyed our opportunity to talk with him. I'm starting to consider possible readings so I would love any suggestions! I think 1 Corinthians is over done (Wedding Crashers anyone?) Unless of course you had it at your wedding. Then its beautiful.

I have to mail my 2nd catering deposit this week, along with calling to check in with her. And I need to call my photographer to set up engagement photos. The seamstress doing my wedding dress is out of town this week, so I'll have to wait till next week to set up my first appointment with her.

My future mother-in-law got to see the reception site for the first time and she loved it. I believe my future father-in-law is going to get fitted for his tux before they head back home this afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I didn't actually have this read, but I had it on the programs:

    Ruth 1:16-17 (KJV sounds prettier)
    Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:

    17Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Found your blog thru a comment on mine (from WFMW).

    My brother got married last month, and I helped them choose this passage:
    Romans 12:1-2,9-13

    Just a suggestion! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did Proverbs 31 as a reading at our wedding. I wanted to find a "ideal man" counterpart, but I never did. :)
    Best wishes on your upcoming wedding! It sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete

what up yo?