December 31, 2008

2008 Year in Pictures

We're having a New Year's Party over at the Roost. Head on over to check out other people's walk through the past year.

Photobucket

This is quite possibly the best picture I’ve ever taken. Mr. Right and I volunteer at a Cystic Fibrosis Valentine’s charity event every year. Can you believe $20 (yep, that dress was on sale) looks that good? ;)

Photobucket

My parents said they suspected this spring was the last opportunity they would have to vacation with me by myself. Turns out, Mr. Right had already asked them for my hand. The three of us spent a fun weekend in Asheville, NC.

Photobucket

One of my bucket list items was to see a game in Yankee Stadium. Since this was the final season in the old Stadium, Mr. Right and I made a spring trip – to a Red Sox game no less!

Photobucket

While we were in NYC, Mr. Right proposed in Central Park. Our first date started on a bench, waiting for a table at the restaurant. So sitting on this bench (a couple days earlier) he asked me to marry him. This was a reenactment, since we were too excited and forgot to get pictures.

Photobucket

My nephew was born in May. I can’t post a picture of how ridiculously cute he his b/c my sister is paranoid about things like that. I figured this was generic baby enough, with my Mamaw (now a great-grandmother to two) looking on.

Photobucket

Mr. Right was very into the political scene this year. After doing a lot of research…we found that all the candidates sucked. Well at least all of them that had a shot. Sign waving sure gets some interesting reactions from folks driving by…
Photobucket

Mr. Right and I started moving our stuff into the new house early this fall. Beyond the appliances that we had to replace (it was a foreclosure and they took everything but the kitchen sink), we only bought two pieces of furniture for the house – an entertainment center from the Salvation Army & a couch at a yard sale. This picture is the before/after of my dad recovering the old chairs that once belonged to my great-grandmother. I’m proud of how well we’ve done with hand me downs.

Photobucket

This was a fun day spent with my parents & Mr. Right in G-burg. We did all the cheesy tourist things. My dad and I have an interesting relationship – I show my love by torturing him. He’s always been paranoid of balconies, to the point where we couldn’t get close to the railing in a 2nd story hotel.

Photobucket

Mr. Right and I tied the knot at an old church in the National Park. Check out this blog for the details.

Photobucket

Only lived in the house for a month and I almost burnt it down making cookies. Martha Stewart I am not, and I had the flames to prove it.

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the picture party! I loved looking at your photos! Your wedding picuture is awesome! :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! Love the wedding pictures, priceless memories. I too like to torture my dad my hanging over the railings. He hates heights. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from the Roost... Glad you found your Mr. Right. And very glad you volunteer with the CF Foundation. (My college roommate passed away from CF.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by. What a fantastic 2008 you had. I'm with your dad on the railings. I'm totally scared of heights. Wishing you a great 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are absolutely gorgeous in your first picture! Wish I lived closer so I could borrow the dress!!! I did this too and will do the award posting on Friday! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what's a little kitchen fire anyway? It happens to nearly all of us sometime!

    Happy New Year! NAd thanks for sharing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, love the title of your blog. Second, love the dress. And finally, my dad is a huge yankees fan (and has of course made sure his grandkids are as well) so I had to comment on that picture as well! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to you for finding your Mr. Right.

    Have a wonderful 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on "tying the knot!" Seems 2008 was a mighty good year for you! I also married Mr. (W)Right and haven't regretted it for a moment! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the picture of you in front of the church...gorgeous!
    Happy New Year and congrats on your new marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You might not be Martha Stewart but what a cute blogger you are : ). I hope this year is filled with many adventures! How can it not be; you just got married : ). That is an adventure if ever there was one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the chair re-do. Hand-me-downs can be real treasures, can't they?!
    And I agree, absolutely beautiful wedding photo.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coming to you from the Roost. Congratulations on your wedding! Love the recap! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

what up yo?