April 28, 2009

Count your blessings, name them one by one

Quite sad really, how I could have started yesterday off feeling so thankful for my life, and ended wallowing in self pity.

After a doctor's appointment yesterday (a checkup with my allergist), I went shopping. First stop was to the used bookstore. I didn't find as much as normal, and didn't get a whole lot of trade credit for the books I turned in.

Then it was on to the Ross/Marshall/Old Navy/Target complex to shop for workout clothing. Only I couldn't find anything good. The ON store had some tops, but a friend of mine that I work out with already has every color. I certainly don't want to spend $10 on a tank top that it looks like I borrowed.

The other stores didn't have much variety, so I headed to Kohls. They had even less, and it was more expensive. Then it was off to Wal-mart - they had a few things that I liked, but I got disgusted with my body and ended up not buying anything.

Do you know how hard it is to find a XS workout top? And a size 32 sports bra? As a friend of mine pointed out, they assume that if you're an XS or a 32 that you don't need to work out. Surely I'm not the only XS up top that's a M/L downstairs??

After shopping it was time for dinner out - a friend of mine is a D.A.R.E./School resource officer and was waiting tables to raise money for her D.A.R.E. program. Over dinner I found out that my 100 calorie popcorn that I had for lunch (in an effort to save calories to have pizza for dinner) wasn't 100 calories after all.

Let me take this moment to say that I realize how completely stupid all these complaints are. Like when I feel sorry for myself because my closet is so big I have to dust/vacuum it.

My wonderful husband tried to make me feel better to no avail. One thing I don't understand is how he puts up with my foolishness!

My blessings - lest I forget them again:

*a God who loves me even when I'm ungrateful
*a God who forgives me for being ungrateful
*a God who loves me enough to send His Son to die for my ungrateful attitude
*a God who blessed me with a wonderful husband
*a wonderful husband who loves my body
*a wonderful husband who loves me even though I'm messed up in the head
*a wonderful husband who is patient
*a wonderful husband who is hard working

7 comments:

  1. It's okay. =) I think all of us women are a little crazy, but in a good way, lol! Lord knows I am!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great lisat of blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH GIRL! I feel your workout clothing pain! An embarassing confession: I've had the same sports bra since I started running! And it isn't even that good. I'm bigger on top (bra size is a 36/38 C/D cup) and can't find anything that keeps me from bouncing. And since my chest is larger I have to buy bigger workout tops that seem to swallow my arms since my arms are more toned.

    And I KNOW in my head those compliants aren't anything but still, I can't help but feel like crap when I go shopping and end up empty handed every single time.

    And I'll be sending you an email soon :)
    - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually I lied, I don't have your email address and I can't bring it up when I click on "email me" could you leave it for me?
    - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have an academy near you? They have tons of good workout clothes (in all sizes) :)

    Cheers to amazing husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you're not the only one. I too hate to shop, except my problem area is my belly and I HATE it!

    PS: Got your coupon in the mail! Thank you so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Husbands are good like that. I'm also blessed to have a husband who puts up with my rants and days when things just aren't going so and he just listens.

    ReplyDelete

what up yo?