May 07, 2010

Mixin' it up - Oh My blog!

aka Freestyle Friday.  I did a Shrinking Jeans Monday project a few weeks late, and never got around to posting the pictures.  Then Pubsgal nominated me for an award and the two meshed together beautifully.

First the award:



Here's what I get to do:



  •  Get really excited that you got the coolest award EVER! 
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Good enough?
  • Choose ONE of the following options of accepting the OMB award:

  1.  Get really drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight, or for as long as you can focus.
  2. Write about your most embarrassing moment.
  3. Write a “Soundtrack of your childhood” post.
  4. Make your next blog a ‘vlog’/video blog. Basically, you’re talking to the camera about whatever.
  5. Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning, before you do anything else (hair, make up, etc)and post it.

  •  Pass the award on to at least three, but preferably more, awesome bloggers as yourself. Don’t forget to tell them.
Here where my shelved Monday project comes in - I'm going to take a few liberties with the instructions.  I mean the point is to make a fool of myself right?  So here you go my pictorial embarrassing Monday Project moment - Super Boo goes Skiing.

May I interject that I love being a super hero?  I use to call my adventures "Fat ass goes to _______".   Mostly because all of our memories are on a camcorder - video taken from my dad walking behind my mom, sister, and I.  Totally not a flattering angle.  Anyhoo, so glad I have a positive adventure name now.

The Monday Project

Step one in the skiing process (when you live in an area that never gets substantial snowfall) acquire snow gear.




CHECK!

Step two - find a place to ski





CHECK!

Step 3 - Try not to get discouraged that this little guy picked up skiing quicker than you.



If a ski suit circa 1980 and a small child skiing circles around me isn't embarrassing enough - I'm not sure what more you could want!

Okay fine, I'll admit that I only went down the regular slope twice.  I stayed on the learners hill practically all night.  When I finally got going, I'd freak out that I was going to fast and I'd bail.  I got very good at stopping and at getting up unaided with my ski's on.

Now for part 3, choosing 3 other bloggers to shame themselves for the entire blog-o-sphere to see.

  1. Amy (who could just add this to her Miss-series)
  2. Amanda (who could use a break from law school stress right now)
  3. Jen (who's always up to something fun with her 3 monkeys)


7 comments:

  1. You are sooo much braver than I! I would never get on skis.

    And I am sure you are the best Auntie ever! I wish you nothing but happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the award! You shouldn't be embarrassed about the skiing. I've never done it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done on your OMG post! You actually look cute in that ski outfit. I don't ski well, either. Not only is skiing too far away to prevent only those most passionate about it from going often, it's also in high altitude areas, and I don't do well with that, either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking like quite the snow bunny! Thanks for the award although I'm not sure my monkeys would consider this past week fun. I know I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i went skiing for the first time this year. it was so much fun, yet embarassing when the little kids fly by you going 60 mph with no poles, and i am slowing going back and forth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your award! I love that you can make fun of yourself! I went skiing once. Once being the key word there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL at least you didn't yard sale all over the place like me!!!

    ReplyDelete

what up yo?