This week I'm both versatile and honest.
The rules of each award say I have to tell you some random stuff about myself, so I decided to combine the two into one big fun award post!
- I won the 5 year old division big wheel race when I was only 4 years old. It was held in the Pizza Hut parking lot.
- I learned to speed read because of the Book-it program. For every book you read (or maybe 4 or 5) you got a free personal pan pizza growing up. Too bad they don't have something like that for adults!
- I was embarrassed just a few weeks ago to be shopping in the children's section of the used book store, but I want to read the Chronicles of Narnia series and our local library never has the first book on the shelves.
- Jay wants to have build in shelving installed in the upstairs landing of the house. While it would be beautiful, I'm hesitant because I just see it as another surface to clean. Also currently all of our books are properly housed in bookcases, so I would have to go shopping for something to put on the shelves.
- He also had someone to the house 2 nights ago to get a price quote on building a garage and revamping the master bath. The revamp, turned into building a first floor master and landed us with a $30,000 quote.
- This was moments after I left the grocery store feeling guilty for spending $60 on out of season veggies to make a salad and fresh strawberries. Okay so since I'm supposed to be an honest blogger I also got a 12 pack of orange soda, loaded up on $0.84 2 liter drinks, and got some whole wheat bread products for myself. But I seriously felt guilty for "splurging" at the store.
- On one hand, I sit back and judge the people I see chugging cokes, eating greasy hamburgers, on the other I'm jealous. Not that I never eat those things, just to be able to eat and not think about it. That sort of freedom sounds wonderful right now!
Okay so there you have it. I'm also supposed to pick people to pass the award along to, but I'm feeling particularly lazy today. Feel free to snag the awards and post some random things yourself.
On a more serious note - I had an eye opening moment last night. One that makes me want to cry just thinking about it. Don't worry, no one is hurt, my world is not crashing around me, but out of sensitivity to the other parties involved I don't want to share in an open forum like this the details. Please just pray for me about this situation. It breaks my heart.
Now that I've killed the fun/random vibe this post had going for it - I shall release you to the comments section!