June 07, 2010

Go Shorty, Its Your Birthday

What seems like eons ago, Amanda passed along her Kreativ Blogger award to me.  Slacker that I am, I'm just now getting around to it.  But what better day to celebrate an award than my 30th birthday!  At 7:06 this morning I officially left my 20s and became an old fart!


In acceptance of the award, I'm tasked with telling you 7 things I love. 

  1. My Lord & Savior Jesus Christ.  It never ceases to amaze me how he's constantly working in my life.  I go away from him, get caught up in this world, yet he cares enough to bring me back.  His grace really is amazing.
  2. My friends and family - I had a wonderful birthday party this weekend thanks to them.  I was amazed by how 4 different friend groups could come together and mesh so well!  I'm having dinner with Jay, my parents, and grandparents this evening, then meeting up with April on Wednesday for a first time meeting and lunch!
  3. Reading - I went out on my front porch swing yesterday afternoon and started Prince Caspian in the Chronicles of Narnia series. 
  4. Coffee - with cream and brown sugar.  I've read that it can inhibit the absorption of Iron, so I'm trying to only drink it mid morning - well after breakfast has had time to digest.  Now that summer is here I'll probably go back to making my homemade iced coffees (coffee, sugar free coffee syrup, heavy cream, & ice).
  5. Finding old TV shows on DVD on sale!  Jay and I found an Everybody loves Raymond combo pack on sale at Target for $16.99.  For under $20 we got seasons 1 & 2.  We also picked up the first two seasons of Sanford & Son for the same price.
  6. My house - it really is amazing.  The more I'm there the more I grow to love it.  Even if its not the perfect house.  Jay's even said that with his next sale we'd start looking into redoing the bathroom (one of only 2 problems I have with our home).
  7. Blogging - who knew that I would become addicted to pouring my heart out 5 times a week for the world to read?  I've met some incredible women through the bloggy world, and for that I'm thankful.
I'm supposed to pass this along to 7 other bloggers.  Since its my birthday I'm going to be lazy and ignore that part of the bloggy award.  :P  Of course I love all of your blogs or I wouldn't visit them daily!!  Feel free to claim it as your own and repost

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! I feel the same way about the friends I have through blogging. And I find it theraputic pouring out what ever is on my mind. Hope you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! If I lived closer, I'd love to take you out for coffee (or something you're supposed to have! I hope your day is super!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to you!
    Happy Birthday to you!
    Happy Birthday dearest Brooke,
    Happy Birthday to you!

    Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Today is my best friend's birthday too, so it must be a good day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday young lady. You're only as old as you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the award and Happy Birthday! You are just a pipsqueak. I'll be 50 on my next birthday. :(
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday friend!!! June babes are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! I hope you have had a fantastic day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! 30? Old? I'd give my left nut (if I had one) to be 30 again. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

what up yo?