Over at the Sisterhood they gave us a mini challenge for the week - this one tougher than the "drink enough water" and "get in your fruits and veggies" challenges of the past. Monday - Friday for 5 days come up with love your self in 3 different ways each day.
It could be pampering yourself or just finding something to compliment about yourself.
I must admit the week started out promising...
1. Got a cute new haircut
2. Took pictures of the cute new haircut for all the world to see
3. Closed my eyes and enjoyed the scalp massage that came with the shampoo.
1. Knowing what a hot chica I am wearing a skirt, driving a manual transmission Jeep with big mud tires. (Seriously one of the dudes at work told me how much guys love girls driving Jeeps. Jay has since confirmed. Boys are so weird!)
2. Accepting (not deflecting or denying) a compliment from Jay about my body – and actually believing it to be true.
3. Took a short bike ride at lunch while it was still cool enough to enjoy.
1. Put fears of relapse aside and signed up for a Mud Run 5K in September.
2. Went for a run. (It feels so good to be back, even if its walk/running for now.)
3. Rejected that the number on the scale defines me & read excerpts from Geneen Roth’s Women, Food, & God.
1. Microwaved dinner for myself, left Jay to tend to his own dinner.
1. Cranked up “9 to 5” on the radio and jammed while getting ready.
2. Wore my silly bands to remind me how much I’m loved by my niece & nephew.
Yesterday and today were a real struggle for me. I wasn't able to complete the challenge 100%, but I did my best.
How'd you do on the challenge? Hopefully you had an easier time of it!