Let's just get the weight thing out of the way. I'm at my highest weight on record today. I don't like it one bit. All my hard work over this past year for nothing. I'm disgusted and need to do something about it, I just don't know what.
Should I go back to calorie counting? It worked well for me but, by its very nature, was restrictive. Should I just focus on eating good quality foods? I'm sure that would take some weight off, but it would be slow going.
Starting back at square one:
Today's weight: 137
Challenge goal: 132
Five pounds for this challenge seems reasonable right? Right?
Here are a few more goals for the challenge:
- Complete a marathon Disney is only 11 days away!!
- Cut out soda consumptionI purchased some of those water flavoring packets at the store yesterday, being careful to choose the ones with no artificial sweeteners. My main problem is that I drink so much water during the day I get sick of it and want something different for dinner. Hopefully this will help.
- Pack my lunch 3 days a week.I've already gotten pretty good at this one, so its just seeing it through. The other two days I'm allowing myself a girls lunch with my friends/coworkers and lunch with my mom.
- Change up my workouts post marathon.My gym is starting their version of Zumba in January - just in time for me to pick it up while giving myself a break from running.
- Love myself.This is one I keep challenging myself for and keep falling short on.
- Reach a new 5K PRThis isn't for the challenge. I'm going to try to give myself a month or two off from running after the marathon. But come May I hope to have a new PR when I run (for the 3rd time) the course that was my first ever 5K.