April 12, 2011

Operation Priceless Countdown

The Mountain Man Memorial March is only 4 days away.

Eek!

I'm starting to get scared.  We didn't do nearly enough hikes together to prepare, nor did I go out by myself and do long walks like I ought to have.

I have no doubt I can do this distance.  I've done it before and in worse physical shape.  I'm only starting to doubt my ability to do it well.  Last year we finished in over 8 hours.  This year I was hoping for a sub 7 time.  Right now I just don't see it happening.

For all my trash talk, I'm also starting to waver in my confidence that I'll beat Jay.  I know he'll be ahead of me at the half way point.  Will I let this wear me down?  If I let this get under my skin, I could end up letting it beat me.

I decided last week that I need to download an audiobook to my Ipod for the race.  I enjoy listening to books and all my music is just too fast for the walking I'll be doing most of the race.  (I do plan on jogging downhills, but that's about it.)

Only I can't find my charger/usb connector.  Its not in my desk drawer at work (where I normally charge it).  I looked in the first aid bag at home where I normally stash it for trips and it wasn't there either.  Tonight I'm going to do a thorough search of all workout bags and luggage.  Not sure if it ever got unpacked from the Hawaii trip. 

This is a must.  I'll get too bored on the course without something in my ear.  Sure I'm gonna pack my bluetooth and make calls like I did for Disney, but no one is going to talk to me over 7 hours straight!

I need your help. 
  1. Is there a place (in person) that replacement chargers can be purchased.  Online wouldn't get here in time.
  2. What audiobooks (around 6-8 hours in length) would you recommend?
  3. I'm looking for a race verse.  The one below seems somewhat appropriate, but I doubt hoping to beat your husband in a race is what God had in mind.
  4. Any words of wisdom for race day?

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) - “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.”

10 comments:

  1. 2Tim 4:7…………Fight the good fight, finish the race, keep the faith.

    Paraphrased, but I think it works.

    You've got this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can find ipod chargers anywhere - target, best buy, walmart - you don't have to buy the apple brand.

    Philippians 4:13 - I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.

    The Hunger Games series on audiobook is pretty good.

    You so have this! Team Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm listening to Les Miserables right now, and I love it. But that might not be your bag, baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. go you!! i'd go with a funny/light book. or a really good mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you can DO ANYTHING!!! I believe it, do you?!?!


    you can borrow my ipod cord - I have like 4!

    ok, that might be hard but if you hit me up on email or twitter and we can chat while you walk!!

    much love and big hugs, jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do it!!! I was going to give you the verse that Roo mentioned. Just remember - we are all cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope it goes well for you! Your verse is very fitting! I like the verse I have on my blog:
    Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. I Corinthians 9:24

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Bari and Roo's verses! I think they are both appropriate!
    Feel free to call me during your travels...I'll be in Austin hangin' with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would totally let you borrow my charger/connector if we lived closer! If you like mysteries, I listened to "Freefall" by Kristen Heitzmann, & it was good (& Christian, if you like that idea). I like 2Tim 4:7! Wisdom? I wish I had something for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you're going to rock it! anthony's aunt has a plug in charger...and i feel like she got it at target or something.

    ReplyDelete

what up yo?