January 12, 2009

Menu Plan Monday



I'm still on the lookout for something I can fix before I go to work on Friday (or in the breakroom @ work) that Mr. Right and I can eat on the way to his parents house Friday after work. We'll be going as soon as I get off work, so no time to prepare anything (we've got a 6 hour drive ahead of us). Any ideas would be appreciated!

Monday: Taco Dip w/tortilla chips
I can of refried beans on the bottom of a pan
1 lb. of taco seasoned meat is the next layer
1 jar of salsa is the next layer
1 package of cheddar or Mexican cheese is the top layer

Bake at 350 for half an hour or until cheese is completely melted.

Tuesday: Stir Fry
I went to a Japanese steakhouse on Friday and have plenty of rice and steak leftover. I'll add a bag of stirfry veggies, and a salad and we'll make dinner of it. (Makes me feel much less guilty for the pricy splurge that evening.)

Wednesday: Black Beans & Rice
I borrowed a recipe from another blogger on how to make this a little more interesting (including rotel, sour cream & some other yumminess), but I can't remember who's it came from to link back. If you posted about it last week - raise your hand!

Thursday: Ramen noodles
Not all that healthy, but Mr. Right loves them. I put them on the menu because I suspect we'll have plenty of taco dip left and will have leftovers instead. But just incase I do have a backup plan!

Friday: ???

Head on over to Organizing Junkie for more weekly menus/recipes!

9 comments:

  1. This might sound weird, but we love to take cold pizza on trips (not pepperoni or sausage - too greasy when cold). It might be an aquired taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Menu Brooke! I have posted that recipe for Shepard's Pie you asked for so come check it out when you have a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks good! I do have one idea that might work for you. They pack up real nice ;) The Perfect Tail-Gate Sandwich

    1/2 c butter
    4 T. horseradish mustard or spicy mustard
    1 T. poppy seeds
    4 T. chopped onion
    1 lb shaved ham
    1/2 lb Swiss cheese, sliced
    8 hamburger buns (I use wheat)

    Combine butter, mustard, poppy seeds and onion. Spread on hamburger buns. Layer ham and cheese on buns. Wrap in aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Yield 8 servings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy! DH loves Ramen too, I completely understand :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for visiting my blog and for your comment.

    Your menu looks good. For Friday, how about a wrap to go?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The taco dip sounds yummy!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! When we first got married spagetti was one of our regular meals. My hubby told me that he thought that spagetti was the only thing I could cook. Boy was he wrong.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Brooke! For an on-the-go meal in the car, I've found that veggie wraps work well. You just take a few tortillas, spread them with hummus, and add any veggies/cheese you like. You can make them ahead of time and refrigerate them, then just grab & go!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Brooke!

    We usually do some sort of sandwich variation for trips - roll ups are especially easy because you can eat them with one hand! I'm a huge fan of chicken caesar salad wraps!

    I posted my macaroni and cheese recipe for you to try! It's super easy and I think much better than the mac and cheese from a box! :)

    ReplyDelete

what up yo?