January 22, 2009

My closet

I thought about blogging about my home today, and how much I love it. Then I had a better idea - take the house one room at a time, because it really is that great!

Lest you think I'm bragging, we're just renters. Actually I like to look at it as a deposit in Mr. Right's inheritance.

You see we're renting from the Right parents. They are trying to move their investment properties down here so that when they get retirement age they can pack up and join us in the beautiful Smoky Mountains.

Isn't it amazing how God works things out - Mr. Right and I were looking for a home (to purchase) but everything in our price range needed too much work, or was PUD housing that didn't come with any land.

At the same time, one of the Right's properties up north sold and needed to be reinvested down here.

Enter the perfect foreclosure home.

With the perfect closet.



And my perfectionist tendencies...



Leading my wonderful - I dare not call him perfect! ;) - husband to let me have it all to myself.



There are days I get frustrated that my closet causes me more chores - after all its a small room that needs dusted and vacuumed just like any other room. Then the voice in my head says "go sob about that on the internet and see how much sympathy you get."

I love my closet.

And I love my husband for taking the closet in the guest room so I can have this one all to myself.

For more loveable things, head on over to TILT - hosted by Jill at the Diaper Diaries.

9 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad, I was the kid who also had to do their own school projects. I hadn't thought about the cell phone fetching! I love the closet! I used to have my own closet to until R4 came along. I now share with my husband. It's very organized on my side and very messy on his. I hate to go in there. Shudder....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big closets are a dream!! And if only every husband would give up his share! hehehe! I love the idea of sharing your home (that you love) room by room. I can't wait to see the rest of your house. I am in love with houses!

    Oh and thanks for visiting my place. I am so glad you liked the bacon bowtie pasta. It is very yummy and simple to make. My favorite kind of recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by.. I love your closet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that is a nice closet!!! i also have to share with my hubby a closet much smaller than that one haha... i was thinking i might make our spare room into a large closet and craft room... noone ever stays in the guest room anyway lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your closet! I need more clothes for mine. I just decluttered a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your closet is so nice and neat! Our is fairly neat. All the clothes are hung up, but we have random boxes in it. It is part closet-part storage unit. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for leaving a comment on my site. You asked about the cut of steak I used with the recipe. Because we use it for very special occasions, we use filets. And oh my, they are fabulous. Think about it for your Valentine. He would like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh this is a good closet. And you are right, I am jealous. My closet is just a boring old thing. But at least it is big :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The closet is incredible. You have one sweet hubby too! :)

    ReplyDelete

what up yo?