January 08, 2009

My first diet



Since this is my first "Fro" carnival, I thought I'd begin - at the beginning. I was only 7 lbs 6 oz when I was born, but I quickly learned that I liked to eat.

This is a picture of me at 6 weeks old. Yeah, that's right 6 WEEKS!

Photobucket

My family went to Florida for vacation and left me with my aunt (who lives near Tampa) the day they took my sister to disney. I cried the entire time and my aunt (who has 3 children all at least a decade older than me) had no clue what to do with me.

Her neighbor called to see what the commotion was about (yep, I've got that big of a mouth) and suggested they feed me a bananna. At 6 weeks old. I ate it and then slept the rest of the day. My aunt has later said she was terrified she'd killed me.

But thus began my love of food. Shortly there after I was put on a diet. My mom had to give me a bottle of sugar water as a test - if I drank it, I was hungry and needed a real bottle. If I wouldn't take it, I was just being fussy.

I thought it was fitting to share this with you now, given that I have just started diet #815 (high fives all the LOST fans out there).

For more fun stories and pictures, check out We are THAT Family's Fro me to You carnival!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this cracked me up! I cannot believe you had a banana!!! So glad you survived it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sugar water thing was a great idea.

    I love food too... WAAAAY too much. And I need to start my next diet as well. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judging from my amount of soda consumption, I will drink sugar water whether I am hungry or not :) My baby was 10.5 pounds at birth, so you don't look too big to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, lots of men like ladies with good appetites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so funny! I can't believe you didn't throw the banana up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fat babies ... you are absolutely darling!!! :)

    And I am started diet #??? also!

    ReplyDelete

what up yo?