January 07, 2009

Works for Me Wednesday



Just like most everyone, I made a New Year’s resolution to lose weight. I’ve found a great tool to help me track my daily food intake - www.sparkpeople.com . It will provide meal plans and exercise routines if you want, otherwise you can just use their site to track your progress.

I’m mostly using it for the calorie counter program in the “my nutrition” tab. After each meal, you enter what you’ve eaten into a chart. The chart provides you with the calorie, carb, fat, and protein amounts of your day, broken down by meals.
The site will also set goals for you, calculating how much you want to lose, and in what amount of time.

I want to lose about 10 lbs, so I can have about 1250-1650 calories a day. Yesterday, I was doing so well with the calories (because I was able to track it as the day went on) I had a powdered donut for my afternoon snack – and no it wasn’t cheating! I still came in around 1250 for my daily calories.

I can already tell that its working – I’ve lost a pound already! Of course that could just be normal weight fluctuation, but I choose to be optimistic. Check it out, it could work for you too!

For other great tips, check out Rocks in my Dryer’s Works for me Wednesday.

Edited because I want to lose 10 lbs total! didn't mean to say in a month!

10 comments:

  1. I did the weight watchers thing. My cousin lost a good deal of weight last year on it, and she looked so beautiful when she came to Chicago with us that I wanted to do that, too, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on SparkPeople too. So far I'm on a 6/6 day streak for working out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 10 pounds a month is very ambitious, but it definitely sounds like you are on the right track. I've heard that Sparkpeople is very useful. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brooke,
    Happy New Year! Love to see how active you are in achieving your goals. Wishing you a blessed year with all your dreams coming true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of the Sparkpeople web page but haven't ever really checked it out. :D Definitely worth checking out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard of it but did not really know what it was. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Accountability seems to be the key for so many things! Have fun with your resolution!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are Team Newlywed over at the Diaper Diaries challenge! : ) I love it.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and introducing me to yours. Can't wait to look around and start reading.

    <3, Kristen @ {dancing} in the margins
    BTW, love the name of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Optimism is always a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll have to check this out. It's amazing how much I can eat without realizing it. :)

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

what up yo?