My confessions will be brief, mostly because I did a kick butt job of getting back on track this week.
- I skipped two sheduled workouts (one due to snow/ice
the other due to laziness) but I still managed to get 8 workouts in.
- I went over on calories two days this week.
One due to snow/iceokay they were both due to gluttony. It started snowing here and I got all excited about it. Somehow "snow day" translates into queso dip and ramen noodles in my mind.
- I cut my calories by 100 every day in an effort to make up for the snow day slipup, only to lose it again Sunday night at my mom's house. Only this time I didn't regret a single bite - roast, mashed potatoes, homemade mac & cheese, and cornbread crumbled up into a glass of milk. Yum!
- I panicked a little last night on the treadmill. I got a little wheezy and had tightness in the chest. It p*sses me off (pardon my language but "makes me mad" just isn't quite strong enough) because I thought I had beaten this asthma crap. Why shouldn't I be able to run at an 11 minute mile pace for 4 miles?? My allergist and I are going to have a little chat at my annual appointment next month.
- I'm not working out today at lunch. Or after work.
I got up early and got my run in so I'm not going to do a thing (well beside my 100 pushup, 200 situp, 200 squat challenge homework and hopefully the tweetfest) for the rest of the day!I feel so lazy just reading a book during my lunch break!
- As I was heading to the shower yesterday after my run, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror (hips up). My first thought was "holy cow - is that really me?" Then I ran out into the kitchen to show Jay. I even for a moment thought about having him take a picture of my abs for my wall of motivation. And thought for a brief moment about
braggingsharing it with you all.*
Now that I've bared my soul - its your turn. Head over to the Sisterhood and link up!
PS - I didn't end up having the nerve to ask him to take a picture of it. I was afraid of sounding conceited in front of my husband! Yes, I know I have mental issues.