February 10, 2009

Recipe Tuesday


on a lighter note - today is Tuesday which means...Tasty Tuesday and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday!

One of the first dishes I learned to make was TexMex Shells & Cheese. As with a lot of my recipes, I borrowed it from the Kraft Foods web site.

1 lb. lean ground beef 1 pkg.
12 oz. (1 box) Shells & Cheese Dinner
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Mexican-style diced tomatoes, undrained
1-1/4 cups water
1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese



BROWN meat in nonstick skillet on medium-high heat; drain.

STIR in Shells, tomatoes with their liquid and water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 15 min.

ADD Cheese Sauce; stir until blended. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.

This is about a $3 meal (we don't use the shredded cheddar, its cheesy enough without it.

Head on over to Tasty Tuesday
and Tempt my tummy Tuesday for more yummy recipes!

8 comments:

  1. That sounds REALLY good! I'm definitely gonna try it! I need nice simple dinners for during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like simple and yummy. Thanks. I am glad you joined us, again, for TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy!!

    Thanks for visiting me! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! It looks fast and easy for a busy week day. Thanks for sharing your recipe on Tasty Tuesday!
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, this sounds scrumptious! THanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete

what up yo?