February 05, 2009

Update on Mamaw & randomness

Thanks for your prayers guys. Turns out she "just" has Shingles. Painful, but not life threatening.

My dad and I hung out most of the day together, and believe it or not he let me control the TV! He must still be highly medicated! :P His surgery went well and he said that his knee is already feeling better than it was before the surgery! Talk about an answered prayer!!

I know this is a little different - normally TILT is reserved for products or usuable items, but today I would like to tell you how much I love my family.

My husband - for dropping his busy workday and taking my grandmother to the doctor. My grandfather could have taken her (the snow wasn't that bad) but it would have worried my grandmother more.

My mom - for looking out (and bossing us when we need it) all of the people she loves.

My dad - for just getting me (and for making me into who I am today...for better or worse).

My grandparents - for being so active in my life. They are in their 70s and our family would lost without them.

My sister - for being my best friend.

the princess - for being so darn cute! (it doesn't hurt that she thinks i'm great)

the little man - for being full of grins and giggles

My family is amazing - I'm very thankful that God blessed me enough to allow them each a place in my life.

For more TILT, head on over to the Diaper Diaries

12 comments:

  1. Lots of love today - and that's good! Glad it was "just" shingles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful!!! Family is the most important thing in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! Glad everything is going (fairly) well for you and your fam! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Just" shingles? There's no such thing as "just" shingles. I had them in college and thought I was going to die from the pain (of course, I didn't get them diagnosed for 3 weeks; I thought I was just allergic to my laundry detergent.

    Funny story: my roommate at the time and my hubby (who was my boyfriend then) came to the hospital with me when I finally couldn't take it anymore. My roomie was in the room when the doctor explained how shingles was a form of adult chicken pox and caused by the herpes virus. I was in so much pain I missed several days of class. When my roomie went up to the BSU (where we all hung out) and people asked where I was she told them all I had herpes. So they all thought I had an STD! I could have killed her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear this. Thank goodness for family and love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Brooke I am SO glad you posted along the same lines as me! I am rule-challenged and love it when someone else goes out on a limb with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Noting can be more important than our families and it sounds as if you have a beautiful one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. shingles is painful but I'm glad that it was nothing more serious!! i am so glad everything is going so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that everyone is doing better. You are blessed to have such a wonderful family. I feel the same way about mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad she is doing okay. I hope she recovers quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shingles are miserable! We'll keep praying!

    ReplyDelete

what up yo?