February 02, 2009

Menu Plan Monday: The Sore Loser Edition

First off let me say congrats to Kurt Warner for being named the 2008 NFL Man of the Year!

And as the sore loser that I am, I’ll share a joke with you dedicated to the refs of last night’s Super Bowl, who didn’t bother to review the last play of the game.

A hardcore football fan dies and goes to heaven. After meeting Jesus, he is excited to learn that he’s surrounded by NFL greats. After a little while, he works up his nerve to ask St. Peter about them.

“I noticed that Reggie White, Kurt Warner, and other great players are here in heaven. We even have a great coach in Tony Dungee. So why don’t they ever play any games?”

St. Peter turns to the man and says “We can’t…we don’t have any referees.”

I tell that joke with all the love in my heart, because my father is a high school football referee. He’s having surgery on his knee tomorrow (a football battle scar) so please keep him in your prayers, along with my mother. According to her, he’s not the best patient in the world.

On to my menu plan for the week:

Monday: Pizza, leftover chili-cheese dip, and popcorn
Tuesday: Hamburger Helper (Lasagna I think)
Wednesday: Black Bean Soup – Mr. Right has a dentist appointment, so I wanted to make something easy to eat
Thursday: Chicken Spaghetti – Recipe below, given to me by a coworker
Friday: Birthday dinner for a friend. We happen to have a gift certificate for the restaurant she chose, thanks to one of Mr. Right’s clients.

Chicken Spaghetti1 can chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup (she uses cream o’mushroom, but I have a spore phobia)
1 can rotel (diced tomatoes w/jalepenos)
1 can tomato sauce
spaghetti noodles
Cook noodles with 2 chicken bouillon cubes
Mix remaining ingredients, microwave 5-8 minutes

For more great meal ideas, head on over to Menu Plan Monday

8 comments:

  1. LOVE the joke and you are SO right! I was proud of him for winning the award too. Praying your dad makes it through great....and your mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great game. I was pulling for the Cards.

    That is a funny joke. I'll be praying for your dad and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually having hamburger helper this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your dad's knee surgery goes OK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a great joke! Hope everything goes well with your dads surgery!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, feel free to stop by anytime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. isn't that pizza bread amazing!

    where in TN are you from?

    hope all is well

    NAOmni

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just had chicken spaghetti that sounds a whole lot like your recipe. I'm so glad you posted this because the spaghetti was SOOOOO good and I'd love to be able to make it myself. THANKS!

    Joy @ Five J's

    ReplyDelete

what up yo?