With exercise and racing, I love finding a training plan then adding it to my calendar immediately. Who cares if its 4 months worth of training. I love being able to look today at my calendar and see what I'll be doing 6 weeks from now.
As much as I loved weight training, getting up at 5:30 in the mornings was killing me. I either had to be in bed by 9 or I crashed the following evening. Great for strength building, not so great for getting my new home together.
I've been working a little on the house all week this week and I feel good about the progress I'm making. This will be my first Saturday free in a long time, so I'm looking forward to opening the windows and making some real progress.
Because I'm crazy like that, I've already started planning my 30th birthday party. My birthday isn't until June, but I figure I need to go ahead and decide exactly what I want, so I can present Jay with the details of what he's going to do for me ;)
Lora doesn't have her Thursday's Ten up yet, but I decided to choose my own adventure and give you a list of ten goals I have for myself this year.
- Complete most of the races I ran last year so that I can have an apples to apples comparison of how much I've improved. This starts on May 1st with the SMARM 5K Rescue Run. It was my first race ever.
- Complete my first triathlon May 31st. Even though its "just" a sprint distance, I've got a lot of work that needs to be done between now and then.
- Have my house finished by the time my birthday party rolls around. I've got a gorgeous home and I want to be able to show it off to friends and family.
- Open Roth IRAs for both Jay and myself and contributed our maximum alloted amount.
- Read 52 books. I tried that last year - a book for every week, and didn't quite make it. Right now I've got a lot of catching up to do if I'm going to hit it this year, but I still have plenty of time left.
- Find my maintenance weight and stay there! I want to be able to be very low maintenance about my food. I don't want to obsess about every little calorie, but I also don't want to gain back all the weight I've lost. I have confidence it can be done.
- Pay extra on our mortgage. We want to be able to be completely debt free in 5 years. Doing the math we've figured out approximately how much we'll have to pay down each year in order to acheive this. Especially with other savings goals, it won't be easy. A lot of hard work on Jay's end (making money) and on my end (budgeting) and I have faith we can do it.
- Shave 15 minutes off my half marathon PR. They've changed the course this year, so there is no killer hill at mile 8. 2:30 isn't quite as embarrassing as my current PR.
- The Disney marathon. That's technically not until 2011, but my training will begin as early as September.
- Enjoy life. Sometimes I get so caught up in my planning that I don't take the time just to sit back and enjoy.