February 08, 2010

Monday Musings

Because I'm sleep deprived and totally random like that.

*Friday night I borrowed this Buffalo Chicken Chili recipe from Jen and totally had to improvise.  I meant to grab the things I didn't have at the store (celery, more carrots, a bay leaf, that fancy paprika) but was a sweaty mess from running after work.  When I got home I decided I'd try it any way.

I used ground turkey instead of ground chicken, italian seasoning instead of the bay leaf, and just did without the other stuff.  I must say it was really good.  My in-laws and Jay stayed late at the farmhouse working, but all commented on how great the house smelled when they got home (4 hours after I cooked it!).

So much so that Jay had a bowl for breakfast the next morning.  And they all had a bowl for breakfast yesterday morning.  Either that's the greatest recipe ever, or they really just don't like oatmeal. 

Next time I'm going to make sure I have all the appropriate veggies, and instead of ground chicken try cooked, cubed chicken breasts.

*Friday night and Saturday morning I was a house packing machine.  I'm starting with the stuff that we rarely use, like the fancy dishes in the china cabinet.  I ran out of newspaper around 10 am on Saturday, so I shifted my focus to the CVS closet (making sure I have at least one of everything in the closet in case we run out between now and then.)

*Saturday afternoon I headed over to the farmhouse.  Jay is super picky and hasn't let me do much, but he lightened up on Saturday.  I actually got to paint the kitchen wall behind where the refridgerater will go and behind where the stove will go.  and the electrical box.  I would have never thought to paint it, but Jay suggested it and it made a world of difference.  It being white made it very noticeable up against the yellow wall.  Now it blends well, and hopefully will virtually disappear once we get a shelving system or desk in that hole.

*Jay with the help of his former boss (who he built log homes with/for) installed the new baseboards.  I was a doubter at first, but they are freakin gorgeous!!  They still have to be caulked/painted but they already look incredible!

*Our new appliances arrived this weekend.  They were supposed to be delivered Saturday night, but after some much needed ranting by my MIL they were finally installed yesterday afternoon. 

*Yesterday was my first training walk for the Mountain Man March - its a marathon coming up in April.  A friend of mine put together a team of 5 to walk in honor of her husband who is currently surving in Iraq.  The group did 12 miles, but I had a Super Bowl party to get to so I "only" did 10.  Surprisingly it was easier than I thought.  And with a group of girls yacking, 2 and a half hours goes by more quickly than you would expect.

*I finished two of the challeges I was doing yesterday - 200 squats and 200 sit ups.  I had only finished week 4 of the 6 week plan, but the end of the week called for the test to see how many I could do.  I managed to churn out 200!  I'm moving on to week 5 of the 100 pushup challenge and find myself in column 2 this week!  (I've been doing column 1 which is easier.)

Hmmm...I think that's it. 

How was your weekend?

10 comments:

  1. I don't have fancy paprika either. I'm glad the recipe worked out and tasted good. We're still snowed in. Chicken chili is on our stove for tonight. Can't wait to see pics of the new house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I am a SLUG in comparison to you! lol......10 miles? 200 sit ups? AMAZING! Im just really starting my exercise routine today and hope to one day run and then run a marathon. Who knows..one day we may run one locally together!!! Looking forward to before & after pics of the farmhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a nice relaxing weekend with the family and friends! I am glad to hear that the house is coming along nicely. I hope you have a wonderful week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only 10 miles...that is awesome! Our weekend was indoors thanks to the mountain of snow outside....but it was good spending time with the g-parents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait? You have gorgeous unfinished 12-inch baseboards and we see no pictures of them in this post? That's just wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WTG!!! what a fabulous weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite a weekend! You are doing great with the house and the workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm a little envious of your CVS closet! Will you have one of those in the farmhouse? It sounds like you had a very productive weekend. I bet you're so excited about settling into your new home soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys have so much going on but all good! yahoo
    I cannot wait to see your house - more pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, what a weekend you had! Mine was not quite as exciting...

    I did my 5K (coming in right at 50 minutes, but it was really hilly, I have a bum ankle AND I jogged for some of it so I felt better about it!), helped lead worship at another church, and babysat a lot. Oh and watched the Superbowl, which we aren't going to talk about!

    ReplyDelete

what up yo?