Lora fired up the bat signal yesterday, in search of Valentine's ideas for that special someone. Only I was to busy rambling to answer the call. I shall remedy that today.
1. I love Cherie's suggestion of kidnapping them and forcing them to have fun.
2. Making a coupon booklet - a tried and true cheap way to say "I love you" on Valentine's day. I think my FIL might have made fun of me for over using this idea yesterday...not sure though.
3. A homemade candle lit dinner. (Lame? Maybe for your s/o. Mine loves food.)
4. A heart rate monitor. Nothing says "I <3 you" like a heart rate monitor. Perfect for that exercise/calorie counting junkie wife of yours. (This will probably be the one day Jay doesn't read my blog.)
5. (For her) Flowers. Not roses, but her favorite flower. Skip this option if you have to ask what her favorite flower is.
6. A massage - they're wonderful, take a lot of effort on the part of the giver, and now days everyone is stressed enough to need them! Just be sure to light candles so its at least a little romantic.
7. A love note. Not a card with your name signed at the bottom. But an 8 1/2 X 11 piece of paper filled with your favorite memories together, reasons you love your s/o, and general happy thoughts about them.
8. A 6 pack of beer. (Once again totally not lame at my house. I took Jay a 6 pack to the farmhouse last night and you would have thought a Playboy bunny had just stopped by for a visit.)
Which brings me to...
9. A new outfit. For you to wear. For him to enjoy.
10. A kiss (or ten) for every Valentine's day you've spent together.
And if all else fails, grab a card and write "I love you - most - est - final" at the bottom.
What other ideas am I forgetting?