October 14, 2008

Our Anniversary Celebration

Last night as I was leaving work, I got a phone call from Mr. Right saying he'd burned dinner. Apparently, a client called during the "bring to a boil" stage. He wanted to look at property today and Mr. Right was so excited that he forgot about dinner. (The real estate market is slow goings right now.) Rather than salvage what was on top of the skillet, he tried to scrape the bottom, realizing his mistake only after the charred food was mixed in with the rest.

It was very sweet of him to make the effort to cook for me, giving me a night off. Then he did the dishes and encouraged me to watch last week's episode of Heroes, so that I could watch last nights as it aired and be caught up on the season. (I've been behind because of the move.)

I got him a sweet card, and meant to get him so beef jerky (we're spending enough money on the house/wedding, we didn't want to spend more on gifts). and after he did dishes he sat down beside me and i gave him a neck massage. then we snuggled for the rest of the night watching tv.

2 comments:

  1. Hi There! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Would you like to rent out your hubby to come do my dishes? teehee

    I'll even cook! If I could just find somebody to take care of the dishes, I'd, well, I'd probably do more blogging...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, so sweet!

    We didn't watch Heroes last night, but it is DVRed... =D I'm excited!!

    ReplyDelete

what up yo?