October 17, 2008

RSVP Headcount

RSVPs to our wedding were due in on Monday and as of right now we have 100 people saying they will attend. Quite a low number, considering I sent out 200 invitations. Right now we only have about 30 people yet to respond, but I'm certain that most of them will be in the "regretfully decline" catagory (we're starting the phone calls next week).

Our reception site will seat 150, so I'm going to put up an invitation at my work. I felt bad that they were throwing me a shower even though most of them weren't on the guest list. That will absolve me of guilt and keep anyone from being offended. A guy in my office did the same thing, and no one from this building (of about 50 people) went to his wedding this past weekend.

I'm really looking forward to the wedding. Not just the marriage - I've been looking forward to that for a while now. But I get excited to think of the special time I'll have with my friends and family. Like prom - only way better.

I've got a surprise in store for my father, and my mother agrees that it will be the highlight of his year. :)

At this point I still have a couple of areas of uncertainty, but I'm thankful that they aren't overwhelming me.

*the musicians (if everything falls thru i can get a battery powered cd player)
*the best man (if he can't come, the groom's dad can step in)
*alcohol @ the reception (i have some people that expect it to be there and others that will be offended if it is)

3 comments:

  1. Yikes, you bring back the tough memories of wedding stress. Here's hoping those three things get settled in the next few days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weddings are so fun! I've learned you can't always rely on the rsvp either. Some people just don't fill the stupid card out (so easy, I know). I've also heard/read that you can almost always bank on 60-65% of your guest list coming. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you, even though we've never met. I love weddings so much I became a wedding photographer. My 8 year anniversary is in a week, so I have been gathering old photos to reminisce. It's true what they say about the RSVP's most people just don't, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete

what up yo?