October 15, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday: Coupons


My Kroger doubles coupons up to $0.50. This isn't a service they advertise, but a friend of mine noticed she was getting "bonus coupons" at the bottom of her receipt and asked about it. I've tried to pay better attention to item prices and coupons (since $0.50 are now worth $1).

Mr. Right and I need toilet paper for the new house. While its not officially my house yet, I still "go" while I'm there and so I put it on my grocery list. I had an ecoupon for charmin as well as a $0.25 coupon, so I wanted to see how that would stack up. Turns out I was better off using a traditional coupon for a cottonelle 4 pack. Charmin would have saved me $0.75 off a couple of dollars. The cottonelle was $0.99. My $0.50 doubled (well almost) to $0.49 and I got the rolls for free (after tax).

I also worked a good ecoupon deal that a friend tipped me off about. I got an esaver coupon for $5 off a fabreeze noticeable started kit, as well as a paper coupon for $5. Kroger allows you to use both coupons, so I got the $6.99 kit free and then the additional $3.01 taken off the remainder of my grocery bill.

Paying attention to coupons and working good deals works for me. Check out Works for Me Wednesday over at Rocks in my Dryer.

5 comments:

  1. I thought they only did double coupons occasionally... I'll have to check out my local Kroger! THanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i only shop krogers for the most part and yes they always have doubled coupons up to $1. The used to do super double where $1 was doubled to $2, but i haven't seen them do that in years.

    I didn't know about ecoupons i will have to check that out. Are they loaded on your kroger card or printed? Our krogers won't take printed coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have gotten really into the whole couponning thing lately too! There are several essential blogs that really help with this--you probably know them, but email me if you don't. I love Kroger, but I think I love Publix more. They double coups the same way, and they take competitor coupons, AND they still take printables, or mine does. Makes shopping a little more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have Kroger here, but I have found in general I save more money at groceries that usually don't double coupons, because their prices are so much lower to begin with. If you really are excited about getting in to couponing, Google for blogs about CVS and Walgreens. People get stuff for free and almost free!
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all about coupons!! I love the ecoupons you can use now.

    ReplyDelete

what up yo?