September 08, 2009

Book Review: Fearless by Max Lucado

There are times the storms of life overwhelm us. The waves grow biger and threaten to capsize our boat. All the while Jesus is seemingly below the deck sleeping, oblivious to our trouble.

Does he not know the danger we face? Does he not care? Max Lucado addresses these questions in his new book Fearless.

The short answer is yes. We see in the Bible that he calmed the stormy water for his disciples. Like the twelve, there are those of us today that need to work on our faith. He may not be standing beside us, be he is with us, and hasn’t forgotten about us.

I was excited when Thomas Neslon gave me the opporunity to review a Max Lucado book. This book is written in typical Lucado fashion – conversational tone & funny quips lead us to that “aha” moment where everything clicks and we finally get it.

If you are looking for a formula or quick fix to get rid of your fears, this isn’t the book for you. There are no steps inside to lead you down the road of peace. Only one trite but true answer:

Look to Jesus.

As Lucado takes this journey with his reader you’ll see its just that simple, yet not at all easy. It was a very enjoyable yet educational (I took notes for future reference) read, as with most Lucado books. I’d recommend it to friends and family. As a matter of fact, I’m passing my copy along to my mother this week.

6 comments:

  1. I like a lot of Max Lucado, but hadn't read this one. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Max Lucado! I'll have to check this one out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Max Lucado books. He has such a unique way of writing. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those enjoyable yet educational books. =)

    See, I like the treadmill better for some reason. Guess that's what I'm most used to. And, really, I'm not running the whole time. I'm trying to do six minutes run, one minute walk. Sigh...we'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to check it out, I'm in need of a new book to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Max Lucado's books. They always have such a great message.
    I had not seen this one yet.

    ReplyDelete

what up yo?