September 24, 2009

Thursday's Ten - My Bucket List

Lora, over at Take Me the Way I Am, hosts "Thursday's Ten" and provides a new topic each week. This week, she's sharing the top ten things she'd like to accomplish before she kicks the bucket. I've been meaning to join her for several weeks now, but I always get my Thursday blog up before I remember.



Here are mine:

1) Live happily ever after

Too generic?

2) Build/pay off our dream farmhouse.

I figured since building seems to be in our 5 year plan, paying it off could make it a more long term goal.

3) Travel to new places

One of those open ended items,but I don't have one specific place I want to go. I just want to go all over the world experiencing new cultures and locations.

4) Read Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

Not because I have any interest in this 1,000+ page book, but because I want Jay to quit asking me to read it every time I pick up a new book.

5) Take my niece to NYC her senior year of High School.

Its something I said I'd do when I was in NYC 5 years ago, when my sister was pregnant with the Princess (referred to as P-nut at the time since we didn't know she was a girl yet).

When her mommy and daddy went to NYC 2 years ago, I helped babysit the Princess and told her that when she got to be a big girl I'd take her. When her parents got home and were showing their pictures, she ran back to her room and started packing her bag. When my sister ask what she was doing she said "Boo say she take me to new yerk when i get to be big. i a big girl now!"

6) Maintain my weight loss
I know I won't stay 125 for the rest of my life. I could get pregnant or else just grow old and not want saggy skin. Either way I want to stay as fit and healthy (or better) as I am right now.

7) Complete the half marathon, no walking

Last night was my 7 mile run, and short of 15 second water breaks, I never stopped. I'm not talented enough to drink water and run on a treadmill at the same time. And I'm sure I won't be talented enough to jog while I stop by the porta-potty during the race, but you know what I mean.

8) Run a marathon

Just once, to say I have. We'll see how the half goes before I pursue it more.

9) Be content

Most of the time this feels like an impossible dream, but I know that if I rely on Christ, I can do it.

10)Write a novel

We'll save the most lofty for last. My great-grandparents have a remarkable story - I'd love to make it into a book. The longer I wait the more difficult this one will be. My great-grandparents have already passed and my grandmother and great-aunt (their daughters) are in their 70s.

11 comments:

  1. I think you've got a great list there! The NYC item made me giggle! Your neice sounds like quite a character! (Plus she obviously loves her auntie a lot!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Thanks for joining this week :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your list, and now I'm intrigued about your grandparents' story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I love #9. That's something we can all strive for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #9 would be on my list too. What a great idea. I'm going to have to give my list some thought. PS: What about zip-wiring down a mountain side?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Visiting from Lora's. . . Loved your bucket list! Sounds like you're training for a half? I ran my first last year and loved it. But I had to walk some. I'd love to train for another and run the entire way. But a marathon is NOT on my bucket list!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing list! NYC is so much fun!! And when you publish that novel, I will be the first in line to buy a copy and read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you through Lora's blog. :) That's a super-fun list! The New York one is great. And good luck on writing a novel!! It's hard and slow going, but it's so worth it to hold the finished manuscript in your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great list! Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool list. I love the story about your niece! I'm sure she will be thrilled when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete

what up yo?