For the most part I was great this week - burned 4,200 calories, stayed with in my alloted calorie intake (didn't even use the extra 400 I spoted my self for the 20 miles on Saturday). I got some "me" time in - I'm half way through a fluffy novel. Jay and I spent some quality time together - okay it was watching a stupid movie but it was funny and we both enjoyed it.
Not much left to confess right? Besides the fact that I didn't last an entire week giving up coffee.
Wrong - today I confess the following:
- I want Easter my way. With my family. I figure since Easter is about celebrating the resurection and hunting eggs (he doesn't believe in the resurection and there are no kids on his side to hunt eggs) that I should be given my way. That we should go to sunrise service at our church, then head to my grandmother to watch the princess and the little man hunt eggs.
- We're over budget on just about every catagory we made envelopes for now. Except dip - the one thing I lectured Jay about making sure he didn't go over on.
- I was quite prideful when my mother told me my grandmother's reaction to seeing our house for the first time. She said it was really nice - could we afford it. Of course this wasn't to me, so I couldn't brag about what a great deal we got on the place. But I certainly puffed up a bit that my house is so nice my grandmother didn't have a clue how little we paid.
- I'm going to be glad
very very gladwhen I start focusing on training for the triathalon next week. I'm sick of worrying about pace and beating myself up for not being fast enough.
- I'm worried that Jay will beat me in the 5K this weekend. The dude that hasn't exercised in over a month (playing basketball with the guys) and who knows how long before that. The dude that thinks 3 miles is a long run. But I know he's going to - because he's naturally athletic like that.
- I'm worried that I won't reach my 31 minute 5K goal. I've said I'll be happy with any new PR (32:08 or less) but that's just not true. I want to race a 10 minute mile. Period.
- I'm worried that after all my hard work this week, I still won't lose weight - meaning this is the weight loss end for me. I have nothing left to give. If I don't lose this week I'll be seriously upset.